What is Dr. Blaine’s Complete ScarCare?
Scar tissue is usually pink or red and does not contain sweat glands or hair follicles. Some types of scars can contain blood vessels and nerves, but most do not. Once a scar is formed the skin cannot regenerate itself in that location. Over time, the scar may begin to discolor but is rarely completely disappears.
Scars originate by the depositing a fibrous tissue called collagen to repair the broken skin. It’s much like our original skin, but laid out in a different pattern. Additionally, since this is new tissue, it takes on a different appearance than the original skin. There are many types of scars, which include:
• Keloid – An overgrowth of the tissue that heals the wound which causes a firm nodule at the side of the injury. These can be painful and unsightly.
• Hypertrophic – These scars are similar to keloids. There are raised and red-pigmented, but they do not protrude beyond the original injury site. They are very commonly caused by body piercings, pimples, cuts and burns.
• Atrophic – These occur when muscle and fat are lost due to an injury and the scar appears to be sunken. These scars generally originate from severe acne, or the removal of a cyst or tumor.
• Stretch Marks – This happens when the skin is overstretched and the dermal tissue actual tears. This is common with pregnancy, being overweight and from bodybuilding.
Scar treatments range in ingredients from all natural and herbal treatments to homeopathic treatments to synthetic treatments. There are many available choices on the market. This product contains the following ingredients:
• Patented Silicone Gel Matrix PadSkin Scar Treatment
• Mineral Oil
• Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
The manufacturer recommends to cut the gel pad as need to fit the scarred area, making sure that the edges of the pad overlap the scarred area about ¼”. For best results wear the gel pad for up to 12 hours per day for 90 days (minimum of eight hours per day). Use E-Sil solution when not using the pad.
No side effects could be identified for this product. As always, with any scar treatment, contact your doctor before use.
Internet pricing may vary from website to website. At the time of writing this review this product was found at a price of $19.99 for a kit containing 1 gel pad (2” x 5.5”) and one bottle of E-Sil solution (0.5 oz).
Many people want a guarantee as an assurance that if they don’t get the results that they are looking for, they will not be punished. Depending on where you buy this product, individual websites may off their own money-back guarantees.
The manufacturer states that they will provide a money-back return for the purchase price of one product.
There are a lot of great scar treatment products on the market, including Dr. Blaine’s Complete Scar Care Treatment Kit. However, considering the ingredients in this product, its price and the limited guarantee, it would be smart to consider your options.