What is 1MD Turmeric Curcumin?
This is our review of Turmeric Curcumin by 1MD which is a daily dietary herbal supplement intended to aid and prevent a range of medical conditions. Now, you’ve probably heard of turmeric before, and you’ve definitely eaten it if you’ve ever tried cuisine from the Indian subcontinent. You might have even tried it in your own cooking at home. It’s often described as an herb, but this is not strictly true, as it is actually a plant root.
Turmeric is the major ingredient in this supplement, but it is also complemented by one other active ingredient – Bioperine. Bioperine is a trademarked extract of black pepper. Alongside the turmeric, Bioperine is used to encourage greater absorption of the turmeric inside the digestive tract.
The intended effects of this natural supplement are to boost immune health, improve liver function and aid in joint function, particularly for arthritis sufferers. There are also numerous positive secondary effects of turmeric, including cancer preventative effects (through the presence of free radicals), and improving cognitive function and attention.
Turmeric curcumin is the main ingredient here, alongside a much smaller amount of Bioperine. The capsule is made with vegetable cellulose, which is a welcome finding for our team, as many supplements nowadays still make use of bovine gelatin in their capsules, rendering them unsuitable for vegans and vegetarians.
The stated dosage is one capsule, twice per day before meals. One might assume that taking each capsule before breakfast, and then dinner would be the intended method, but this is not explicitly stated.
What is the Cost?
One bottle contains 60 capsules, which is a 30-day supply. A single bottle retails at $45, but there are discounts available for bulk purchases. A three-bottle pack costs $115 ($38 each – this represents a 15% discount), and a six-bottle pack sells for $199 ($33 each – this represents a 26% discount). Although the bulk pricing was a welcome find, this does mean that 1MD’s Turmeric Curcumin supplement is quite expensive, compared to similar supplements our team has reviewed.
1MD offer a 90-day money-back guarantee on this product. This is quite generous when compared to competing products that we have reviewed, but is reflected in the much higher price. Our team was unable to agree if this is a case of ‘you get what you pay for.’
Our Final Review of Turmeric Curcumin by 1MD
- We were happy with the extensive guarantee offered. There’s no denying that it is generous.
- The products have been approved by qualified physicians, and we found nothing wrong with the veracity of their claims.
- The price. There’s no getting away from this enormously expensive elephant in the room. We are simply not completely sure if the end consumer is getting enough value for money here to justify what this supplement costs to buy.
- Dosage instructions could be clearer.
- The marketing literature around this product is very snazzy, which may be to make it look better than it is to justify the price tag.