What is Best-Rest Formula?
This is a review of the product known as Best-Rest Formula. The aim of this product is to improve sleep quality by supporting the natural relaxation of the body’s nervous system. The product, therefore, seeks to treat issues relating to insomnia, and general sleeping disorders.
The ingredients found in this product are:
- Vitamin B6 – This vitamin helps the body to produce the hormones norepinephrine and serotonin, which help with mood-regulation; as well as melatonin, which assists in regulating the body clock.
- Melatonin – This hormone regulates the waking and sleeping cycles.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid – This is a neurotransmitter that directs chemical messages within the brain and nervous system. It is also active in regulating the communication among brain cells.
- L-theanine – This element helps with relaxation, by promoting alpha-wave production in the brain.
- Valeriana officinalis root extract – This is used for sleeping disorders like insomnia.
- Lemon balm leaf extract – This herb helps to calm and relax the central nervous system.
- Passionflower extract – This extract serves as a mild sedative, managing slight sleep abnormalities.
- Chamomile flower extract – Besides calming the nervous system, chamomile helps reduce inflammation and spasms.
Other ingredients: cellulose, water, hypoallergenic plant fiber, gum arabic, maltodextrin, ascorbyl palmitate, and silica.
This is a comprehensive list of ingredients: the product contains most key ingredients for treating insomnia. Furthermore, all the quantities of each of the ingredients are listed. In addition, the formula is made from naturally sourced ingredients. It is also hypoallergenic, and suitable for vegans. It does not contain GMOs or gluten.
The recommended dose is two capsules per day, which must be taken 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime. However, the instructions do not indicate whether the supplement should be taken with or without food. Taking the capsules incorrectly may impede effectiveness: this is a concern. Furthermore, from the research conducted, the melatonin dose of 1mg taken twice daily is low compared with other sleep-aid supplements on the market. An ideal dose would be 6mg for effective treatment of sleeping disorders.
What is the Cost?
A bottle containing 60 capsules costs $27.00; a 120-capsule bottle costs $47.80. However, you can only buy this product from pre-selected health-care practitioners, and not directly from the manufacturers.
There is no indication of a guarantee offered. This is also a concern. One is left wondering whether certain ingredients are ineffective, or the dose too low.
Our Final Review of Best-Rest Formula
The product contains no additives and is certified gluten free, meaning that it may be consumed by people with food allergies. Secondly, the formula contains most of the clinically proven ingredients for treating insomnia. However, the product may only be bought through health-care practitioners. Furthermore, some of the ingredients seem to be low-dosage, such as the melatonin at only 1mg, which questions the effectiveness and value of this product in relation to similar products on the market.