What is Remescar Silicone Scar Stick?
Remescar Silicone Scar Stick is a scar treatment solution that offers one of the many available options in the market in the management and treatment of scars. As good marketing tradition demands, this product too has an array of claims to make in regards to what it can offer in terms of old and new wound and scar treatment by reducing their visibility. These may include scars, burn marks, stretch marks and surgery marks. Below are some of the claims:
- Invisibility upon application;
- Convenient stick applicator, easy to use;
- Smoothens, softens and helps to reduce scar tissue;
- For use on all areas of the face and body;
- Triple Action that incorporates silicone treatment, PVA Beta-glucan healing and UV protection.
In regard to its packaging and marketing, this product employs the traditional norms, ways and tools that we are all familiar with. This means that you can find this particular product packaged in the usual packages/bottles and you can access it through the traditional channels of distribution either by walking into that drug store or outlet near you or by ordering for it online.
This product constitutes the following ingredients:
- UV filters – Protects scars from harmful UV radiation by including UV-A and UV-B filters.
- β-glucan – provides a calming, hydrating, and protective layer on the skin. Combined with polymeric film formers like PVA (Polyvinyl alcohol) and PVP (Polyvinyl pyrrolidone), β-glucan is able to speed up the healing process of wounds.
- Silicone film – This silicone film is able to protect, restore, and hydrate the upper layer of the skin. At the same time, it stimulates the production of collagen so it increases scar’s elasticity.
The dosage and application procedure of this product is simple. First of all you should carefully read the enclosed instructions before use.
The scarred area should be closed, clean and dry. At first time use, open the stick and remove the protective cap. Remescar should be applied gently on the affected area and around the border of the scar. Do not rub too hard since this will not increase the effectiveness.
Apply Remescar twice a day for 2 to 3 months.
Hitherto there are no known adverse side effects arising from the usage of this product.
Each Remescar Silicone Scar Stick costs $153 for a 5.4g container. This product is not pocket-friendly and besides there are no official discounts from the manufactures.
This product lacks a money- back guarantee and that means you too lack a fall-back to resort to in the event that it doesn’t perform as per expectation.
As we wind up, we can draw the following conclusions in regard to this product using the following basic product features:
- Product safety-it passes the test of safety due to the absence of adverse side effects;
- Efficacy-it passes this test.
- Money-back guarantee-the product fails this test;
- Long-term value for money-again it fails on this matter;
- Affordability-it fails this test; and
- Natural ingredients –it also fails this test.