What is Tart Cherry Comfort?
This product is a combination of five natural ingredients that manage blood uric acid levels, strengthen immune response, keep the joints healthy, and also look after overall health of the circulatory system and blood. It is promoted as a treatment for gout. Gout is a type of arthritis that affects millions of people. It is cause by a uric acid accumulation up the blood and which then causes joint inflammation. There are two types of gout: acute and chronic. Acute gout is a painful condition that usually affects only one joint; chronic gout is defined by repeat periods of pain and inflammation. With chronic gout often multiple joints are affected. Read on to learn more about this product and whether it is right for you.
This is an herbal supplement. Ingredients are listed below.
- CherryPURE powder (1000mg) — Tart cherry reduces uric acid levels and prevents inflammation by lowering C-reactive protein in the body.
- Vitamin C (500mg) — It contains antioxidants that protects the cells from free-radical damage and lowers uric acid production. It also enhances kidney function and helps excrete excess uric acid.
- Celery seed extract (150mg) — Reduces inflammation, keeps blood pressure in check and keeps joints healthy. Celery seed extract is also a diuretic that increases the amount of urine produced and therefore, the amount of uric acid expelled. It has been found to relieve aches and pains of all kinds, which is also beneficial for gout patients.
- Green Coffee Extract (250mg) — Helps decrease uric acid levels in blood.
- Olive Leaf Extract (400mg) — Contains antioxidants that reduce uric acid formation and also helps reduce joint pain.
- Inactive ingredients: Gelatin, micro crystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate
The recommended dosage for this supplement is 4 capsules per day, ideally two with breakfast and two with dinner. No side effects have been reported. Discontinue use and talk to your doctor if you do have any side effects.
A single bottle costs $34.99 but, by buying a seven month supply, this price can be lowered to $24.99 per bottle.
Dr. David Williams Tart Cherry Comfort comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and the company offers a full-refund if you are unhappy with the product. The products are manufactured to meet FDA quality standards and each batch is tested to ensure consistent quality.
This is a good product that combines beneficial natural components like tart cherry, celery extract and vitamin C to manage gout. Green coffee extract and Olive leaf extract are not commonly used in gout supplements as their efficacy in treating gout is unknown.
However, since these are natural ingredients and do not have any serious side effects, there is no harm in taking this supplement. It is priced relatively in the same range as more renowned gout supplements and even though it does not contain many active ingredients, it can be tried if other supplements do not bring relief.