What is Oceana Omega-3 Fish Oil?
Oceana Omega-3 Fish Oil is one of the Omega-3 supplements that dot the landscape of natural health supplements. It does join other fish oil supplements in making some claims in regard to how it helps in conferring Omega-3 benefits to users. Below are some of them:
- It does not have the unpleasant fishy taste others have; and
- It contains the essential Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA that are difficult to obtain from a regular diet.
The following are the ingredients that constitute Oceana Omega-3 Fish Oil:
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids – 350 mg;
- EPA – 180 mg;
- DHA – 120 mg;
- Other fatty acids – 50 mg;
- Natural Lemon Flavor; and
- Proprietary Antioxidant Blend (rosemary extract, ascorbyl palmitate and natural tocopherols).
The manufacturer does not clearly indicate how many capsules you need for daily dosage hence leaving a wide open door for possible overdose due to trial and error dosage.
Hitherto there are no known adverse side effects arising from the usage of this product. But caution has to be taken to avoid over dose hence you will need to consult a doctor before you take it. This is because there is no dosage indicated on its label.
You can buy a bottle containing 90 capsules at $19.95.This price tag makes this supplement affordable. Special manufacturer discounts are not available.
The supplement comes with a 60-day money- back guarantee. This is a positive gesture to the consumer since you can rest assured of a valid fall-back to resort to in the event that the product fails to deliver as per expectation.
As we wind up, we can draw the following conclusions in regard to this product using the following basic product features:
- Product safety-it may pass the test of safety due to the absence of adverse side effects but there are possible dangers arising from overdose since there is no clear dosage indicated for this Omega-3 fish oil;
- Efficacy-it does work but you will need to use it for many months.
- Money-back guarantee-the product passes this test;
- Long-term value for money-again on this matter, it fails the test because while you buy it for less, its protracted use dilutes the whole value of initial purchasing affordability;
- Affordability-it is affordable at purchase level; and
- Natural ingredients –it passes the test of natural ingredients inclusion but the basic Omega-3 ingredients do not measure up to the quantities recommended by specialists. This is a big draw-back because the EPA and DHA levels form the engine of any Omega-3 product because it determines its potency and efficacy potential.