What is Eklund Essential Omega?
Eklund Essential Omega is a Norwegian fish oil supplement which has two types of omega 3 essential fatty acids called docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Regular intake of the product is supposed to lift up your mood, keeps your cardiovascular, respiratory and digestive systems healthy and improves the function of brain. According to clinical studies, EPA and DHA work together to prevent inflammation of joints, optimize the levels of triglycerides in the human body and reduce the risk of cancer. For best possible results, a fish oil supplement should have 800 mg of eicosapentaenoic acid and 600 mg of docosahexaenoic acid.
The product has the following components:
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid – EPA is an omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) that participates in the production for prostaglandin-3. It is also a precursor to docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Eicosapentaenoic acid maintains the functions of various organs and improves the body’s health.
- Docosahexaenoic Acid – DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid, works to decrease the stress levels of the body and minimizes the chances of developing inflammatory disorders of joints and other parts of the body. Docosahexaenoic acid is an essential constituent of the human brain, retina, cerebral cortex, sperm, testicles and skin. Optimized levels of DHA in the body diminish the chances of various cardiovascular disorders.
- Auxiliary Fatty Acids – The supplement contains secondary omega 3 essential fatty acids in lesser amounts to enhance the overall effects of DHA and EPA. However, in some cases, the additional ingredients may interfere with the actions of EPA and DHA.
- Antioxidants – Eklund Essential Omega contains a mixture of antioxidants to encourage the loss of weight. They might lead to adverse effects.
- Flavoring Agent – The supplement has a hint of lemon to decrease the aftertaste in the mouth.
The recommended dose of Eklund Essential Omega is one gelatin capsule a day. It should be taken orally with a glass of water before or after meal.
The side effects to the product are not potentially serious. The fish oil supplement may cause a number of unwanted effects such as pain in stomach, diarrhea, nausea, bloating, and headache and loss of weight. The supplement should not be given to the kids and individuals with seafood allergy should avoid the product.
The price of Eklund Essential Omega Purified Norwegian Fish Oil was $28.95 at the time of writing this review. Each bottle contains 90 gelatin capsules. Currently no discounts or sales are being offered.
The manufacturers of Eklund Essential Omega don’t offer money back policy or a trial period.
We have come to the conclusion that Eklund Essential Omega is good product, but it isn’t a good alternative to many products out there. The reasons are its higher cost and additional ingredients. The product is quite expensive also and it does not come with any guarantee.