Wild Yam-Black Cohosh Complex by Planetary Herbals states that they have combined ‘the most respected botanicals for supporting women through the hormonal transitions of menopause’ into their product. The two main ingredients Black Cohosh and Wild Yam are often called dietary estrogens. These are obtained by eating various plants that contain them and are not generated within the human body via the endocrine system.
Wild Yam-Black Cohosh Complex consists of the following five natural ingredients:
- Dong Quai – the root base of a plant. It is used to treat the symptoms of menopause and premenstrual syndrome. Dong Quai is primarily used and more effective in preventing premature ejaculation in men.
- Black Cohosh – is used to treat a variety of menopausal symptoms including: hot flashes, headache, change in mood, disturbances in sleep, palpitation, sweating during the night and vaginal dryness.
- Ginseng – is a traditional herbal remedy that has been used around the world for centuries. Even so, only a fraction of the medical conditions which it helps treat have properly studied. Ginseng also comes in several different varieties, including American, Asian or Chinese and two types of Panax ginseng. Studies have indicated that ginseng may help the immune system when taken with an injection; it may lower blood sugar levels as well as boost endurance and improve your mood.
- Licorice – the chemicals in licorice are thought to reduce swelling, thin mucus secretions and improve the healing of ulcers. It is used in its herbal form to help woman with hormonal disorders as well as increase fertility. It is more commonly recognized for its flavoring in food items.
- Wild Yam – contains a chemical called diosgenin which can be replicated in a laboratory to make steroids such as estrogen and DHEA. The root and bulb of the wild yam are used to process a diosgenin extract. It is widely promoted as a natural alternative to estrogen therapy and is used to treat vaginal dryness in older woman, menstrual discomforts and helps increase sex drive in both men and woman. While it does produce estrogen-like activity, the body does not convert it into estrogen. It requires a laboratory to complete the conversion.
Wild Yam-Black Cohosh complex suggests that two tablets are taken twice daily, a total of four tablets, in between meals.
At this time we were unable to locate a price range for this product.
We are unable to locate a guarantee or return policy for Wild Yam-Black Cohosh Complex.
The Wild Yam-Black Cohosh Complex does contain decent ingredients that are generally recognized as safe for the body. However, the ingredients while being natural are not proven scientifically in clinical trials to actually be effective for the relief of symptoms related to menopause. Considering the products webpage does not list a price point or detailed guarantee, we are unable to suggest this product as an alternative way for relief.